6th Annual Hillsboro Tour de Parks in Partnership with Celebrate Hillsboro!
The Annual Hillsboro Tour de Parks is the flagship community bike ride of the Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition, whose mission is is to promote bicycle transportation, protect bicyclists' rights and improve bicycling conditions throughout Washington County, Oregon through education, advocacy and community.
Bring the whole family for an enjoyable ride as you explore the hidden treasures of Hillsboro's parks while emphasizing bicyclist awareness and rules of the road.
The 2 Park ride is about 1 1/2 miles long and is designed for the youngest of riders.
The 6 Park ride is very bicycle friendly and only 6 1/2 miles in length.
NEW FOR 2013! The 12 Park ride is almost 19 miles long and riders will enjoy refreshments at Noble Woods Park, hosted by Wells Fargo Bank, and at the home of our presenting sponsor, the new Kaiser Permanente Westside Medical Center.
Start Time is 12 PM Saturday, July 20th at NE 3rd Avenue and Lincoln St in Hillsboro
The 2, 6, & 12 Park rides are free with a $5 donation per adult rider recommended. Register online here.
- All riders under age 15 must be accompanied by responsible adults on all rides.
- All riders must wear helmets
- All riders must have bikes in good working order. Bike check-ups and minor repairs will be available at the start line.
- The course will not be closed to motor vehicle traffic. All cyclists must obey all traffic laws. The 6 and 12 park rides include busy streets with bike lanes and 35 mph speed limits.
- Some water and refreshment will be available along the route, but it is recommended that cyclists carry water.
Le Grande Tour - featuring Oregon's newest Scenic Bikeway
For the more enthusiastic rider, this longer ride (about 50 miles) includes a couple of challenging hills as riders wind their way through the heart of Washington County, enjoying its vistas and panoramic scenery.
This loop incorporates parts of Oregon's newest Scenic Bikeway as it explores the foothills of the Chehalem Mountains and the scenic towns of Oregon Wine Country.
Registration opens at 7:00 AM and the ride starts at 8:00 AM from NE 3rd Avenue and Lincoln St in Hillsboro. No starts after 9:00 AM
- $30 "Early Bird" Registration (now through June 30, 2012)
- $40 July 1-21